Device.read() hangs

Hello!

I’ve recently bought a JS220 device, but I’m facing an issue running it on Ubuntu 22.04.
‘joulescope statistics’ from console works just fine, but whenever I try to run ‘joulescope capture duration’ it just hangs.
I face similar issues with ‘.read(duration=…)’ when I run the example from the package’s Quick Start Guide. The process hangs.

Interestingly, when I ctrl-c the ‘joulescope capture’ it tells me “done capturing data: quit from stop duration”, not "quit from SIGINT’

I also played around with a JS110 recently and didn’t experience any of these issues.

My ‘joulescope info’

System information
    Python: 3.10.12 (main, Nov 20 2023, 15:14:05) [GCC 11.4.0]
    Platform: Linux-6.5.0-27-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 (linux)
    Processor: x86_64
    executable: /home/gyroklim/venvs/everything/bin/python
    frozen: False

joulescope version: 1.1.13
Found 1 connected Joulescope:
    JS220-002479   ctl=1.1.0            sensor=1.1.0

I would appreciate any help in resolving my issues so I can use this cool device to its full potential!
Thank you in advance
Anton

1 Like

Hi @gyroklim and welcome to the Joulescope forum!

I was able to duplicate what you are seeing by reverting to control firmware 1.1.0 and sensor gateware 1.1.0. You need to update to 1.2.1. You should also update to pyjoulescope_driver 1.5.3, which we just released. While trying to duplicate what you reported, I had reliability problems switching firmware on one Linux machine. 1.5.3 fixes this.

Here is what you should do:

python -m pip install -U pyjoulescope_driver joulescope pyjls
python -m pyjoulescope_driver program

Does this fix the issue for you?

Hey @mliberty!
Thank you for the quick response.
Updating the driver and the FW did fix the issue!