Clearing accumulator disables current/voltage indicators

Searched the forum because I’m surprised I’m the first to see this:

(Platform: Linux)
After going into Tools-> clear accumulator, the voltmeter readings (V/I) are frozen. In the case of current, it drops to zero, in the case of voltage it freezes the last reading.
Compare graph to values below.

the command line spits out the following over and over

ERROR:2021-03-14 19:54:49,944:main.py:592:joulescope_ui.main:resync queue failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “joulescope_ui/main.py”, line 588, in event
File “joulescope_ui/main.py”, line 655, in _on_device_statistic
TypeError: ‘bool’ object is not subscriptable

I do speak python but haven’t got time right now to figure out the architecture and debug it.
Simple fix → restart the launcher.

Hi @itsonlyaudio - Welcome to the Joulescope forum, and thanks for reporting this issue.

Sorry that you ran into this issue. It’s not here on the forum, but it is over on GitHub as Issue #111. We have already fixed it in the source code, but we have not made a new release yet. We plan to get a new release out later this month. As a workaround for now, you can right-click on the Energy field in the Control Widget, then select Clear.

Confirming workaround. I did not know of the bug tracker. Apologies for the double post.

No worries about posting here! Thank you for taking the time to post. We end up providing support through this Joulescope forum, the GitHub issues for pyjoulescope & pyjoulescope_ui, email, Twitter, and sometimes even the Contextual Electronics Forum :slight_smile:

1 Like