How to lock scope range

The traces are auto ranging all the time. Please add a feature or tell me how to peg it to a particular scale.

Faster rendering on recorded traces would also be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @skaterdad and welcome to the forum! You can already put the y-axis into manual ranging mode. Right click (control click on macOS) on the y-axis, click RangeManual. You can click and drag on the y-axis to move up and down. If you place the mouse cursor over the y-axis, you can use the scroll wheel to zoom in and out.

Faster rendering for recorded traces is definitely on the near-future list. Right now, the software has some very low-hanging fruit for optimization: it recomputes far too many internal states that are never displayed.

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be a way, however, of locking the ranging of the multimeter display. I’ve had it constantly and annoyingly switch between 0.000011mA and 11.000µA. It would also be great to be able to limit the number of digits shown; every benchtop multimeter has range up/down buttons that can be used to hide distracting LSDs one is not interested in.

2 Likes

Thanks, Mliberty, for the response. That indeed does work. Clearly I did not read the docs or think to right-click. I look forward to performance improvements.

1 Like