Voltage y-axis mis-scales at zoom-in

I’m looking at 63.4-second recording from 3V target (captured with Voltage Range 5V, if that makes any difference), with details on 2.1 - 3 V scale under time range 0-20 seconds, but next zoom-in step I see under 5-15 s has same traces drawn against Y scale 10.0 - 10.26 V. Statistics at right agree with new scale: “min=+9.99394 V / max=+10.2526 V”. Annotation dropped at t=10.000641 s reads +10.2 V, single mouse-wheel detent unzoom-out gets scale, statistics, and annotation all reading around 2.99 V

1 Like

Maybe Voltage Range of capture during recording does make a difference: I just re-ran similar experiment with 68-second file, left Voltage Range at 15 V, and zoom-in does not spoil Voltage range.

1 Like

Hi @PFKlammer - Thanks for reporting this issue. I have successfully duplicated it on my PC, and I plan to fix it in the next release (likely 0.4.6).

1 Like

Well, this comment is certainly telling:

# todo save voltage gain to _data_recorder

I never finished this feature. The reason that it partially works is because the zoomed out data is stored when recording. The most zoomed in data is recomputed from the raw samples. The 0.4.5 software always presumes 15V range. I’m on it…

1 Like

Fixed with commits d3c70ee and fc4e65. Recordings will correctly save and load the voltage range starting with 0.4.6. Unfortunately, recordings made prior to 0.4.6 with the 5V range will not be correct.

1 Like