Slide waveform left when zoomed out on .jls file

Hi Matt,

I don’t know if this is considered a future feature or an ‘issue’. I’m opting for feature because the behavior is undesirable, not incorrect.

I am collecting some wireless charging data for my DUT. First, I start a data log recording and perform a high current discharge until the voltage drops below a fixed threshold. I then turn off the discharge and begin the charge. I stop the recording when the charge cycle is complete.

The initial discharge portion of the resulting waveform causes a high positive current, and the charge causes a smaller negative current. I would like to scale the file to the charge portion of the waveform only, but a) in Manual scale mode, I am not able to adjust the scale on a saved file, and b) I am not able to slide the waveform to the left to push the charge portion of the waveform off-screen, because I apparently can’t ‘go negative’ on the X-axis when fully zoomed out.

This makes scaling the data to show my charge curves better very difficult. Would like to have one or the other capability (preferably both).

Hi @wired

I think that the Joulescope UI does allow you to manually adjust the range as you want. However, I did notice an intermittent issue when clicking and dragging the y-axis. It seems that it sometimes detects the wrong starting y-axis position and snaps to a different y-axis offset. However, if you first zoom out using the scroll wheel over the y-axis, then zoom in, it seems to work better. Here is what I did:

manual_zoom

You can see the intermittent offset issue when I click on -70 mA and it jumps to -40 mA. Not sure why, but I will investigate.

Does zooming out then in solve your current issue?

I created issue #65: “Dragging y-axis range sometimes initializes to wrong offset”.

Not sure what I was smoking, Matt, but the Y-axis does scale in manual mode on a file.

I would still prefer to eliminate small portions of the waveform that I don’t need, but when fully zoomed out I can’t. I suppose I could define the section by dual cursors and create another .jls file, but it would be the ultimate in awesomeness if instead we could just right-click either cursor of a dual-cursor waveform and select ‘Scale to Fit’, and it would fill the plot area. If selected, the statistics on the right side of the window should match what would be displayed for the cursors, so the cursor statistics could be hidden until another pan or zoom operation happened.

Hi @wired Great that you see it working, too! Yes, you can save a JLS file to get exactly what you want today.

I created Issue #66 to capture the “Scale to Fit” feature.