The Joulescope UI 0.5.0 software is now officially released and available for download. The new software contains fixes and improvements based upon your feedback. Thank you! The primary changes are:
- USB connectivity improvements : Some host computers, particularly macOS, had trouble communicating with Joulescopes. The 0.5.0 software includes new firmware and better error handling.
- Improved current auto-ranging : This release ensures each Joulescope performs the same by using the calibration information for the auto-ranging function. It also fixes the range selection oscillation that occurred with negative currents.
- User interface : Various fixes and improvements.
Here is the full CHANGELOG
2019 Jul 26
- Fixed energy not displaying in “Single Value Display”.
- Fixed “Tools -> Clear Energy” not clearing energy on multimeter view.
- Added firmware update to 1.1.0.
- Fixed negative voltage current range oscillation.
- Improved USB enumeration and reliability issues (LPC silicon errata).
- Improved autoranging to use device calibration for consistent behavior
- Eliminated switching glitches between current auto ranging and manual ranging
- Improved bootloader recovery handling.
- Removed NaN injection that caused invalid multimeter displays.
- Added logical USB suspend/resume support to correctly resume streaming.
- Improved USB device robustness and error handling, particularly for macOS.
- Fixed multimeter view showing 0 current by forcing current autoranging.
- Added optional JLS filename command line argument & Windows file association.
- Changed window title to match active source: device or file.
- Improved macOS dmg file.