I installed the new UI software V0.5.0 on my Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 system, plugged in my Joulescope and started the UI. It then proceeded to start the firmware update, but appears to have done a USB disconnect, and then the re-connect failed with the driver issue I have reported previously. I then followed the procedure you recommended previously (your .inf file, which work previously) and it appears to have worked this time, since device manager does now show Joulescope as a listed device. Unfortunately the firmware update did not complete, and the screen shows it is stuck at 5%, and remains there indefinitely. Even though it said “do not unplug or turn off power”, after 10 minutes of being stuck at 5%, I didn’t really have any other option.
The green status light next to the USB connection is flashing. I looked in the directory for a log, but there is none. Restarting the UI gives the same result and so does disconnecting and re-connecting the USB cable. I also restarted my computer, with no difference in the above sad description.